Location: Dawson Creek
This is a FULL-TIME position providing industrial medical care and coverage to a range of clients working Days and/or Night including Weekends & Holidays. Projects range from shack, camp, and truck-based work that involves working 12-hour days, projects are on ongoing operations with the potential for long-term work.
Mountainview Safety is committed to building a facilitate environment of respect and personal growth for all our staff. We support this commitment with highly competitive compensation and benefits, comprehensive training, reliable equipment and supportive supervision.
While working in remote or industrial locations, Mountainview Safety’s professional field medics will be responsible for providing our clients with the required level of emergency medical care and medical coverage. This will include the provision of emergency care for sick and injured personnel on site in addition to the routine care of non-emergency patients. They will also be committed to actively participating and promoting our clients established occupational health and safety programs.
Other various tasks may include but not limited to:
- Being the sole point of contact for emergency and non-emergency medical situations as they arise, consulting with medical control as required
- Maintaining relevant medical protocols on site Providing first aid response to minor injuries Providing stabilization and pre-hospital care for medi-evac cases, interacting with medical facility as required
- Maintaining the clinic, safely store and replenishing medical supplies as required Setting an example and fostering enthusiasm for Health, Safety and Environment issues in accordance with the Client’s Safety Management System and helping to establish a proactive approach of enhanced HSE practices
- Potential candidate will professionally represent themselves in a positive and courteous manner while employed by Mountainview
- Medical standby in the field including but not limited to Drilling rigs, Service Rigs, Construction, Facilities and Pipeline jobs
- Daily cleaning, decontaminating and checks of vehicles are to be complete and documented at the end of each shift
- Site Specific paperwork updated as needed
- Sign all onsite personnel In and Out of site and keep accurate records
- Maintain confidential patient medical documentation and reports as per legislation
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Relocation is not required and travel more than 1 hour may be required. Accommodations will be provided.
Receive a competitive all inclusive hourly rate, full size trucks, newer MTC’s, complete BLS kit and a clean, accessible set up in MTC’s
EMR and PCP medics will be issued supplies relative to their scope of practice.
Successful candidates will, first and foremost, be experienced providing leading edge emergency medical coverage in extreme & remote environments with the proven ability to maintain the highest standards of professionalism while demonstrating the flexibility, positive attitude and professionalism necessary for success in a remote environment.
- A minimum of 2 years experience providing remote Emergency Medical Support services in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team in face paced & stressful environments.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Proven ability to remain open-minded and objective while successfully managing multiple projects.
- Enthusiasm for enhancing your skill set by undertaking ongoing field level medical training on rotation.
- High School Diploma/GED Certification Requirements
- EMR License- Currently registered with the Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board of BC
- PCP License- Currently registered with the Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board of BC
- OFA 3 Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Certification
- Class 5 Driver’s License including Drivers abstract
- PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training)
- H2S, TDG, WHIMIS
- CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
- Must pass a drug screen
* Copies of all certifications including current validity and dates of expiration to be provided with application.
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this position with Mountainview Safety Service Ltd., please send us a copy of your resume along with all applicable certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mountainview Safety Services Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.