Attendant Duties & Responsibilities
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
The following information is for those submitting resumes, for employment with Mountainview Safety Services Ltd.
OFA3 – EMR – PCP with PII (Paramedics in Industry)
Current tickets or certification copies on the following:
- CPR/AED (a part of the OFA3)
- H2S Alive (Enform)
- Wilderness Awareness
- PPE Equipment
Additional (may be required, but are job specific):
- ATV/UTV tickets
- S100 Fire Safety
- Snowmobile ticket
As part of our pre-hire policy, we ask that you are willing to take, and pass, a drug and alcohol test.
Mountainview Safety Services Ltd does provide industry training courses that are offered at a reduced cost to new hires, who may not have all of the above courses. These are paid for prior to taking the training.
Resumes must include a copy of a driver’s license, a driver’s abstract and three references. Please contact our office for further clarification.
FIRST AID ATTENDANT RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES AS EMPLOYEES OF MOUNTAINVIEW SAFETY SERVICES LTD:
- To have taken all orientation for Mountainview and if available, orientation from the firms that we provide services to. All orientation sessions are to be signed off when completed.
- To ensure that his/her PPE is complete for the job assignment.
- Generally, administer pre-hospital emergency care, administer medications and provide treatment to injured persons in an industrial setting.
- Provide an injured worker with a level of care within the scope of the attendants training.
- Objectively record observed or reported signs and symptoms of injuries and exposures to contaminants.
- Refer for medical treatment workers with injures considered by the first aid attendant as being serious or beyond the scope or beyond the scope of the attendant’s training.
- A first aid attendant must be physically and mentally capable of safely and effectively performing the required duties.
- The first aid attendant is responsible for treatment has been accepted:
- At a place of medical treatment.
- By an acceptable ambulance service.
- By a person with a higher or equivalent first aid certification.
- The first aid attendant does not have the authority to overrule a worker’s decision to seek medical treatment or the worker’s choice of medical treatment.
- Provide medical transportation to medical facilities, maintain ambulances, MTCs, or transport vehicles, the internal and external areas of the truck itself, the emergency equipment and related emergency supplies.
- Must have a Class 4 or 5 drivers license.
- Site responsibilities as directed by the consultant.
- Our job assignments will take you to various locations in the Peace Liard region.
- To ensure that each truck and MTC is kept in a clean and acceptable state, ready for random checks.
- To be aware that each of you is a representative of Mountainview Safety Services while in the field and to conduct yourself accordingly when talking with other staff members and industry personnel.
- We take safety seriously and have an in-depth manual (available upon request for prospective clients) that covers Pre-Job Safety Checklists, Safety Policies, Incident and Accident Forms, Action Plans for Emergency Responses, Emergency Response Procedures, Professional Dress Codes, Guiding Principles and more!
- We provide for all your First Aid, Paramedic and Training/Testing needs!